With Christmas just over a week away, it’s time to begin planning out the celebration. You probably have a lot to do, like cleaning and decorating your home, gathering dinner recipes, and creating a cocktail list. I decided to help make that last step a bit easier by compiling a list of my seven favorite holiday cocktails.
Gin and Cranberry
2 oz Gin
3 oz Cranberry juice
Powdered sugar (garnish)
- Shake the gin and cranberry juice with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with powdered sugar.
*Besides lending a festive air, the powdered sugar also helps to sweeten up this sour cocktail.
6 oz Hard apple cider
1.5 oz Cinnamon liqueur
- Warm the hard apple cider on the stove over medium heat until it begins to gently boil.
- Transfer to a mug and add the cinnamon liqueur.
Peppermint Hot Coco
2 oz Peppermint schnapps
6 oz Hot chocolate
Peppermint crumbles (garnish)
- Prepare your favorite hot chocolate and transfer to a mug. Make sure to leave extra space for the schnapps
- Stir in peppermint schnapps and garnish with peppermint crumbles.
Hot Buttered Rum
2 oz Spiced rum
1 tbsp Butter batter
6 oz Boiling water
- Pour the boiling water over the rum and butter batter.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
.5 oz Irish cream
1 oz Crème de cocoa
Double shot espresso
Instant espresso (garnish)
- Gently warm the Irish cream and crème de cocao
- Add to the espresso
- Garnish with instant espresso for a stronger flavor.
Cardamom Grapefruit Cocktail
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Grapefruit juice
1 oz Cardamom simple syrup
Ground cardamom (garnish)
- Shake all ingredients besides the ground cardamom with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with ground cardamom.
Hopefully these cocktails help you celebrate the Christmas season in good spirits (pun intended.)