Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the airing of the last episode of Twin Peaks. That it ended so suddenly is a travesty, but at least we’re getting a second chance to experience it! David Lynch and Mark Frost have been at work on the new season which will likely appear in January of 2017.
Here’s a trailer for those of you who haven’t seen it!
To celebrate, I’ve created three Twin Peaks themed cocktails.
See the light and dark side of Laura Palmer with this tantalizing cocktail.
1.5 oz limoncello (instructions for DIY Limoncello here.)
Cooled black tea
Old Fashioned glass
- Fill a shot glass with limoncello
- Place the shot glass in the center of an old fashioned glass
- Carefully pour black tea into a old fashioned glass. Fill almost to the top of the shot glass.
Damn Fine Coffee
Coffee plays as important of a role in this cocktail as it does in the show.
Single shot espresso
1.5 oz coffee liqueur
2 dashes coffee bitters (instructions for DIY Coffee Bitters here)
Ground cinnamon (garnish)
- Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
- Sprinkle the ground cinnamon and gently float the coffee bean.
Cherry Pie That’ll Kill You
Cooper loves his pie. I hope he’d approve of this one!
.5 oz Amaretto
2 oz Vodka
4 oz cherry juice
Crushed graham crackers (for rim)
- Wet the rim of a glass and twirl in the crushed graham crackers.
- Shake all other ingredients with ice and strain into the glass.
If you haven’t seen the show, or just haven’t seen it in a while, I highly recommend that you plop down in front of your Netflix and partake in some excellent TV and cocktails.